31 October 2011

British Summer Time Ends...and It's my Birthday!

I found something to do on my first birthday abroad! Since British Summer Time (daylight savings) ended on Sunday, the town of Brighton was having an all night arts/music event. We met up at my flat where we had some drinks and I got 2(!) cakes with these cute candles. It was nice. :) Then, we headed into town. There was plenty going on for the mix of White Night and Halloween (yes, they do celebrate it here). Lots of interesting costumes (they go more for gory here than the skimpy outfits I'm used to seeing) and interesting exhibits around town. We stayed most of the time at this "Alternative Village Fete" where we danced and watched this really colorful French band play...and there was this zombie walking around...and cha cha cha lessons...and random snacks being thrown into the crowd at us. Oh Brighton, what an eclectic mix of people!

Oh, and I guess I should say - HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Stay safe and have fun. Oh, and I love seeing everyone's Facebook posts with their halloween costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment